Wherever you go in the world of Web3 one thing is clear, it’s all about community and getting everyone involved. While virtual reality (VR) developers have utilised their respective communities to build new features into their videogames, rarely do they decide upon an entire project using the same methodology. Japanese team MyDearest Inc. is bucking that trend today by unveiling three concepts under the banner of Project: Gathering, asking gamers to decide which it should build.
MyDearest Inc. is already well known in the VR space thanks to Tokyo Chronos, ALTDEUS: Beyond Chronos and its upcoming title Dyschronia: Chronos Alternate. Project: Gathering, on the other hand, is a very different beast, proposing three entirely different games under the codenames:
- Code: Camp – An open-world fantasy game
- “”Everything starts from this tent” It’s a huge world. Explore it with your tent! Start a campfire with other campers and cheer for the adventure that’s coming. This is the beginning of a new life and new friendships.”
- Code: Gauntlet – an action MOBA (multiplayer online battle arena)
- “”Get ready, unchain yourself!” The ninja academy is gathering the strongest fighters the world can offer. Powerful warriors with extreme powers, ready for victory, ready to become legends.”
- Code: Bell – a 4vs1 survival game
- “”Can you escape from your sins?” An invitation letter with something nobody should know, your sin. “Hunt your friends as the Executioner”, “Survive with friends as a sinner” Which one do you choose?”
“This is our biggest project until now,” says Alberto Moreno, Head of International Promotion at MyDearest in a statement, “We’ve been recruiting the best talent in Japan to make this game and to prove that you don’t have to be the biggest company to make the best games.”
“We’re not only making a game for the gaming community, we want to make a game for the gaming community with the gaming community,” Moreno continues. “We want people to come to our Discord server and tell us what they want so we can make it. It’s going to be the first game in the industry where the interaction with the community starts from the very concept of the game.”
To take part in Project: Gathering you’ll need to head over to MyDearest’s Discord server and let them know which game they should make. As a bonus, you’ll be entered into Project: Gathering‘s reward campaign with prizes ranging from a Steam Gift card up to a Secretlab Titan Evo 2022. Additionally, the studio will also use this process to look for new worldwide talent, whether you’re an artist, programmer, or streamer.
Currently listing 2023 to complete whichever videogame the community vote for, far more pressing is the launch of Dyschronia: Chronos Alternate, coming to Meta Quest 2 this summer. For continued updates, keep reading gmw3.